November Update

This blog post is long overdue, but things have been just crazy lately.  Not any major events or drama, but we went home for a visit, which was really wonderful and horrible at the same time.  Wonderful to see my treasured family and friends, wonderful that Sommer was able to spend her first birthday with her family and friends (seriously, how lucky were we that all her friends were able to make it? We are both so blessed), wonderful to hit up good ole' tar-jay and stock up on everything I will need until we visit again, and even wonderful to breathe in that disgusting, smoggy Windsor air. 

But, there was a downside.  It was really hard to come back.....the wound of leaving was completely reopened, and I fell back into the depression I was in when we first moved away.  Also, the time change.  For two weeks after we returned, Sommer wanted to go to sleep at 5 pm, which meant she was up at 5 am.  Oh, and by the time we were finally back to normal, daylight savings kicked in.  We are still working on adjusting.

When we got back, we switched our OHIP to AHIP and got new licences.  I even (finally) officially changed my name.  We switched over our car insurance (another pleasant surprise....it's less than half the price of Ontario car insurance) and I guess can now officially be called "Albertans". 

Sommer is walking here and there, constantly standing but very cautious about taking her steps.  If she feels even slightly off-balance, she sits and crawls.  I'm not pushing her though, she's taken enough steps that I'm confident with her development.

And me?  Well I'm still recovering from Nick being away for so long.  I know this is the case because every day I feel slightly closer to who I was before he left.  I'm not angry anymore, or resentful, I'm actually very thankful that life has led us here.  I'm still torn about going back to work, even though we have decided that I should stay home.  The old me is still fighting the decision, wanting to work, make money, buy unnecessary and overpriced things we don't need.  The new me is just grateful to be able to spend my days making Sommer and Nick smile.  When he can, Nick comes home for a hot, home cooked lunch, and dinner is always waiting for him.  The result?  Massive money saving from not eating out and the ability for all of us to eat more whole, unprocessed foods.

I'm also happy to report that I finally broke the plateau I had been on pretty well since we moved.  I'm down five more lbs, with only 15 to go to get back to my pre-prego weight.  WOOT WOOT!!

I'm reading Jillian Michaels' "Master your Metabolism" and have found it really helpful and inspirational.  Basically it talks about all the chemicals we are exposed to in our food and other household items, and how they affect our body chemistry.  This book, along with the greater access that exists in Edmonton to natural and organic food and goods really has me inspired.  But I will save that for another post.  For now, I will say goodnight, and hope that you will stick with me on this brand new journey.

 

 




0 comments:




Hello and Welcome!

Hi, I'm Sarah. Ex-marketing and advertising junkie turned pregger turned part-time working mom. I grew up in Windsor, ON, and when our family was hit as hard as it could have been by the automotive recession, my husband made a career change, which made him a cop, me a cop's wife, and moved us thousands of miles away to a town just outside of Edmonton, AB. These are our adventures as we make our way in our new land.


Pages




Content © 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow