Four Months

What day is it? And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time


Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you



Dear Sommer,

The other day I was talking to one of our very lovely relatives who has been having a hard time since her kids left home and relocated out of the city.  I tried to explain that parenting is the only relationship where separation is the goal - you want your children to become independant from you, able to make their own living and have their own lives.  It's a sign of the success of the parent when the child is able to fly with their own wings.  As the words were coming out of my mouth, I was praying that when its time for you to begin your journey, independant of me, I will have the strength to sit back and relish in the fact that I did a good job raising you.  It's hard to imagine especially since right now I can't spend more than a few minutes away from you at a time. You are my little buddy and I love having you right there with me everywhere I go.

You had your four month checkup today and the Doctor was amazed at how advanced your development is.  You can hold your head steady when I pull you into a seated position, you goo and gah incessently (and I love it, it is the.best.sound in the whole wide world), you smile for everyone and are generally a very happy baby.  You weigh 14 pounds and are 25.5 inches long. 

You love to play in your bouncey seat still, and have learned how to pull the frog so it sings a song.  You love your ball that lights up and moves around when you grab at it, and you love your little butterfly toy, we bring it everywhere with us.

We still call you the bug, buggy and bubba, and you have started to laugh out loud and squal in delight when you get really excited about something.  You are always smiling and love to cuddle with Momma.  We spent the whole day today after your appointment snuggling together.

Daddy is in Regina for the next little while but he calls us everyday and wants to hear everything about you.  He loves you so much bug, and misses you more and more everyday.  You are really starting to look like him too...you definitely have his eyes, and I think you have his personality too.  You are laid back and generally relaxed, but you like your routine and aren't a big fan of the unfamiliar.

You are an amazing little bug and everyday I discover something new about you that makes me love you even more.  I can't remember what life was like without you and I can't wait to see what the future holds for our little family.

Good night my sweet baby, Momma loves you. xoxoxo

 




2 comments:

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said...

beautiful Sarah and Sommer is absolutely perfect! Although she's just about as long as Logan, and he doesnt' date girls taller then him so she better slow down!

My Sommer Girl said...

LOL Sarah...we'll have to make sure we keep her in flats ;)




Hello and Welcome!

Hi, I'm Sarah. Ex-marketing and advertising junkie turned pregger turned part-time working mom. I grew up in Windsor, ON, and when our family was hit as hard as it could have been by the automotive recession, my husband made a career change, which made him a cop, me a cop's wife, and moved us thousands of miles away to a town just outside of Edmonton, AB. These are our adventures as we make our way in our new land.


Pages




Content © 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow